Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Magazine Reference Site Won't load

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Get the magazine reference site to install

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/can-not-install-framework-demo

I expected to see: Something that would help me.

Instead, I got: instructions on what to change if I had control over the server.

Hostgator will not change the timeout settings. Godaddy will not change the timeout settings.

It hangs on the 'finalizing settings' screen. It does import everything that I can tell is needed, but maybe not the css or something?

The site I'm trying to install this on is hidden link

The reason I want the magazine site installed is because I am not capable of setting it up to look and function like the magazine site does.

I noticed that it is embedded but it retains being setup on the 2016 wordpress theme? Not sure if that's one of the things that the installer isn't getting setup but if I change the theme to the starter them after the fact, it's all just a blank white page.

I've tried this 30 times on 3 different servers and cannot get it to work. Is there any way I can just get the un-embedded files so I can set this up myself?

Not sure what else you can do besides that to help me as I've spent tons of hours myself and then 4 total hours on the phone with two different hosting company's support systems. They will not help as they say it's a security issue. They will also not even change the timeout settings for 5 minutes so I can get this done and then change them back.

Thanks up front for your help with this issue. I sincerely appreciate it.

Jason

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Jason

If your host(s) cannot or will not update the timeout settings which is causing the installer to fail there is not much that can be done directly to make it work.

The only workaround I envisage is to install the site locally on your own computer, then use a backup plugin such as All in One WP Migration to copy the site to your host.

If you are using Windows you can use WAMP for installing and testing sites locally (hidden link), and if you are on a Mac you can use MAMP (hidden link).

Use the framework installer to set up the site locally, and then transfer to your server when you are ready.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.