Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Lost Taxonomies & Custom Field Functionality

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Lost Taxonomies & Custom Field Functionality

Solution:
There is a conflict between the plugin "hana-fiv-player", once that plugin is deactivated, everything works normal.

You can find the proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/lost-taxonomies-custom-field-functionality/#post-1789981

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by scarletW 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot1.jpg

I am trying to: Post a digital downloadable product in which there are custom fields and taxonomies; update custom fields.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's on the admin side.

I expected: to be able to add tags, add featured images like before, clear dates from custom fields as usual, etc.

Instead, I got: zero functionality. See below and images/screenshots.

I am not sure what happened, but I have lost a lot of functionality with my website. Screenshot 1 shows 2 things circled when trying to add a new product to my store. I can no longer click 'create connection' so I can choose from a list. Also, tags on every post type I have no longer work. Nothing happens when you click 'choose from the most used tags,' and nothing pops up when I try to type one in. Also, when I click to change or add the product image, it leaves the product page all together and takes me to the media tab now, rather than popping up the 'add media' window (and that is for all posts that it does this now).

Screenshot 2 is in a custom post type that I created 'Models.' I have lost all functionality with the circled custom fields. I cannot click them to bring up the calendar anymore, and I can no longer clear the date. I can't even click the 'add media' button. Please help!

I contacted my hosting company, and they told me a error kept popping up in my PHP error log saying:
PHP Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant BASIC_SCREEN_ID in /home/fanta/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/autoloaded/constants.php on line 27

So I searched previous threads here and found this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/warning-constant-couldnt-find-constant-basic_screen_id/ (though mine is not on the front-end of the website but hidden in error logs). I uninstalled and reinstalledToolset Views and and Toolset Types, but I still can't use those taxonomies and custom fields anymore. I am at a loss as to what to do, and at this point, I cannot add any new products until I get this working again. Thanks in advance for your help!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First of all - After checking to debug the information you shared with us, I found that you are using outdated Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Can you please update all Toolset plugins first and check if that help you to resolve your issue.

So I just updated to version 3.3.1 for Views and 3.4.1 for Types, and I am still having the same issues. 🙁

Minesh
Supporter

Ok so lets debug this further.

Can you please share problem URL where I can see the issue as well as access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Lets take the issue one by one.

Here we will try to address the following issue:
I am not sure what happened, but I have lost a lot of functionality with my website. Screenshot 1 shows 2 things circled when trying to add a new product to my store. I can no longer click 'create connection' so I can choose from a list. Also, tags on every post type I have no longer work. Nothing happens when you click 'choose from the most used tags,' and nothing pops up when I try to type one in. Also, when I click to change or add the product image, it leaves the product page all together and takes me to the media tab now, rather than popping up the 'add media' window (and that is for all posts that it does this now).
==>
The issue seems to be belongs to JS issues:

When I try to add a new product and when the new product page is loaded at admin site I can see few JS errors:

The following JS error belongs to plugin "hana-fiv-player":

jqModal.js?ver=d78f41:61 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'msie' of undefined

The following JS belongs to plugin "Restrict User registration":

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null

And I can see few more JS errors as well but those are not linked to any plugin.

Can you please try to deactivate those plugin for a moment and check if you able to see all these things you reported working as expected.

The Hana FLV Player was the culprit. I deactivated it, and everything works great. I didn't see that one coming. Thank you so much for looking into this and letting me know the issue, even though it had nothing to do with Toolset's plugin! I appreciate it!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.