Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Lost Password page opens directly to reset password page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user's Lost password page isn't redirecting correctly.

Solution:
This was because the user was using the shortcode incorrectly.
The correct shortcode is.

[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url="url"]

What the user had was

[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="url"]
This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jas 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Jas

When someone clicks the "Forgot your password", it opens lost password page with the form I created (yay!).
hidden link

But as soon as someone puts in their email address, it immediately opens the password reset page (and still tells you to check your email), but right away gives the "new password", repeat new password", fields, without having to go into email to link to this page.
hidden link

Instead, I expected a link to this page to appear in the email, and when they click on it, to take them to enter their new password.

At the same time, there is in fact also an email in the inbox, but when I click that link, it takes me to a WordPress default form for entering the new password, at
hidden link

Thanks for your help:)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you provide a little more information on this as to when did this issue started to occur ?

Thanks,
Shane

Jas

I'm just now setting up the my accounts/password reset etc. pages following your documentation, and this was the result when I tried to set it up following that documentation. I don't know if it's because I'm using Divi instead of layouts?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/building-the-my-account-page/

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jas,

Would you mind allowing me to have access to the site so that I can see what you've done so far?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jas,

This should be working now.

The correct shortcode is.

[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url="url"]

What you had was

[wpv-forgot-password-form redirect_url="url"]

Thanks,
Shane

Jas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.