Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Lost all formatting of filter output styling!

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John Mac 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello there!

I was working on one of our main functions for the site Gaiainnovations.org yesterday and did some changes to the Views that creates a list output. hidden link

I opened the Loop Wizard: hidden link

And when I saved, the function just did some overwriting of my code! Shit... this is hours of work!

Right now I'm not sure what I did because I work on so many sites. But down in the template view the css code is still there. hidden link

What happend? I mean does the plugin/funcion overwrite the code without giving a warning?

Also, why isn't the text in my coding window color coded? Like here:
hidden link

Johnny

Just an update, and something that can be good for you to know.

I found why the editors were not syntax colored:
hidden link

I'm using the Blur Chrome extension for limiting tracking, and this one blocked the highlighting.

Add to your notes that this extension needs to be turned off like this.
hidden link

🙂

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Johnny

I'm sorry if you have lost work while editing your views.

I assume your refer to editing the loop output section, that your original content was overwritten.

On the views editor page most of the content is updated via ajax as soon as any changes are made.

That is designed to be a time-saving feature, but clearly was anything but in this case.

The UI across some of these pages is not entirely consistent. If you would like to see some changes such as requiring a Save button to commit changes you can submit a feature request via a new thread in this forum.

Again, I'm sorry about the time this cost you.

Thanks for the tip about the extension blocking the code highlighter.

Hello Nigel,

Yes, and at least there should be a warning in the script telling the user that the currently written code will be over-written.

I spent a few hours and coded everything back up. It's working now.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Johnny

I can mention about adding a warning that existing content will be overwritten if you use the Loop Output wizard to my colleagues but the best way to make that actionable and traceable is if you create a feature request here in the forum (there is a dropdown when you create a ticket where you can select feature request).

Sorry for the duplication of effort but it is the way our support system is set up.

Okey, thanks for the tip Nigel. I'll keep that in mind for later.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.