Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Loop works in block editor, but blank on front-end

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Annie 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
screenshot-front.jpg
screenshot-editor.jpg

I'm trying to set up an archive template using Toolset Blocks, and I added a View block set to output our custom post type. In the block editor screen it seems to be looping over the posts fine, but when I view the page on the front-end, it's not showing any content. There's a pagination bar, but no content. I'm attaching a couple screenshots, one showing the loop finding results on the edit screen, and another showing how it looks on the front-end. Any idea what might be wrong?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I think it might help if we could look and see how you have this set up.

My first question would be why you are adding a View block to a custom archive, as you can add search filters and design the output of the archive directly, a View block in this case would ordinarily be redundant.

I will mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

I tried submitting this reply once, but it didn't seem to record it, so submitting it again. I had added the View because I wasn't seeing any loop settings in the block editor that would allow me to configure the results into a grid format. I'm familiar with the old Toolset Views, but still pretty new to Toolset Blocks. I've attached login credentials.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

The provided credentials are not working for me. Can you double-check from your side and update them in your previous or next reply. Your next reply will be private.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the credentials.

I think that the issue appeared after you changed the editing mode in Toolset->Settings->General. Check this screenshot hidden link

This URL opens the archive template in the blocks editor hidden link
While this one opens it in the legacy editor hidden link

Currently, the WordPress archive has lost its archive loop block. I suggest that you delete both, the view and the archive template and build them again from scratch in the editor that you prefer.
Just note, that the block view cannot be created in a standalone way. They need to be built inside a page, a post, a content template, basically, anything that is built using the blocks editor.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions. Let me know what editor do you prefer?

Ok, thanks, I deleted and re-created the page and I've got that working now. But I ran into another issue on the same page, when I try to have it output a dynamic image (I'm trying to output a thumbnail of the featured image from the custom post type), the only two options for the Post Source are "Current Editor Color" and "Other post." I'm not sure where it's getting the "Current Editor Color" thing from, it seems like something's mixed up.

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-add-a-dynamic-image/

Jamal
Supporter

Awesome, I am glad I could help. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have created another ticket to help you with this new issue.

I'll have to kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.