Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Loop Output section is not shown in a Views WordPress Archive

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Moraima 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: abdallah.d.

Author

When WordPress Archive is opened for editing, no Loop Output section is shown, only Loops Selection section is present (please see a screenshot attached). To diagnose the problem, I disabled all plugins except Types and Vies, and switched to a default theme (2015). With WP debug mode enabled I've got the following two error messages:

[18-Sep-2015 08:52:32 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/yulamedi/public_html/clients/fzs/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/inc/redesign/wpv-section-loop-selection.php on line 300
[18-Sep-2015 08:52:32 UTC] PHP Catchable fatal error:  Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/yulamedi/public_html/clients/fzs/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/inc/redesign/wpv-section-loop-selection.php on line 301

Those messages are also displayed at the bottom of the WordPress Archive edit view (it is visible on a screenshot).

Strange thing is that when Types are disabled, I can see Loop Output section displayed. But of course, all custom fields are gone.

If you need, I can provide you with the access to the server.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, this is a real showstopper for me. Thank you in advance!

abdallah.d
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting the problem. This has been fixed in our next release.
Meanwhile, I emailed you a patched file you can upload to plugins/wp-views/inc/redesign/ to replace the existing file.

Let me know if that helps

Sincerely, Abdallah

Oh, excellent, Abdallah!
This fix solves my problem completely! Thank you for you fast and prompt response!

Hello, I'm getting same error, i only get this when trying to edit archives views.

WP: 4.3.1
Types: 1.8.6.2
Views: 1.10.1

Please advice!