Skip Navigation

[Resolved] loop breaks sometimes with divi et_boc markup

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: get consistent results from loop

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all items in the dropdown nav should produce results formatted the same way

Instead, I got: some items produce correct results (a link 'Email' that contains the results of the loop) and some display the loop results on the page instead.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, I suggest you try to move all your custom HTML codes insider the content template, for example, edit the post view:
hidden link

1) In section "Loop Editor", change the codes as below:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
  	[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-members-by-community-search"]
	</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

2) In section "Loop item in Members by Community Search", display the HTML email link

For your reference.

can you remove the url from public view? thank you.

if i do it that way, i'll have one mailto url for each item in the loop, correct? that wouldn't be what i need.

All URLs are removed.

Please elaborate the question with more details:

i'll have one mailto url for each item in the loop, correct? that wouldn't be what i need.

Which email box do you want to send?
Is it a custom email field? I don't see it in the custom field group:
hidden link

can you remvoe the name of the post type? i want to have just one item on the page, after someone chooses from the dropdown: there will be only one word below the dropdown 'email' and its link will include the field that they chose in the dropdown, and then the list of the names of all the associated records. the page is currently live with the client so i need to back as it was before - it is working on some of the drop down items but not others - that's the issue.

Thanks for the details,
1) name of the post type removed.

2) I have edit the post view:
hidden link

in section "Loop Editor", change the codes as below:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
  	[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-members-by-community-search" suppress_filters="true"]
	</wpv-loop>
%0D%0D">Email</a>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->

Please test again, check if it is what you want.

As you can see, there is an attribute suppress_filters="true", it will remove filters from other plugins/theme on the content template.

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body
If suppress_filters=’true’, all third party (non WordPress) filters hooked into the_content filter will be removed

perfect! thank you!!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.