Skip Navigation

[Closed] Looking for a way to update custom field value for all child posts of parent

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author

I have created two custom post types - "game" and "player" with game being the parent of player. On the Player post, I have a series of custom fields named wpcf-game-1-status, wpcf-game-2-status, and wpcf-game-3-status. When an actual player is playing the game (Game 1), they are required to do a series of activities but they cannot progress to the next game (Game 2) until the facilitator has approved/scored their activities (which is done simply by updating the field value from 'no' to 'yes').

I'm looking for a way to give the facilitator the ability to update the appropriate field (such as game-1-status) in all child posts of a particular game in one action versus having to go through manually and set the status one by one.

Does Types have a methodology to do this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Josh,

This is not something that can be done by using our default functions.

However there is a plugin that should be able to bulk edit custom fields.

This plugin can be found here : https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-field-bulk-editor/

The topic ‘[Closed] Looking for a way to update custom field value for all child posts of parent’ is closed to new replies.