Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Long urls with search terms

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christos 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
url-search-page.jpg

Hi,
Is it possible not have url in the search page like this in the attached photo;
I would like the url to stay the same as it is > hidden link

Thank you in advanced

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In the view's "Custom Search Settings", you'll see the option "Do not adjust URLs after loading search results", which can be used for this.

Screenshot: hidden link

regards,
Waqar

Hello again and thank you for your help,

I'm working this view with toolset blocks --> hidden link, so I don't see this option. Is there any way to set this option from there?

Kind Regards,
Chris

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I've performed some tests on my website and it seems that the option to control URL when search results update, isn't available when a view is being edited using the new block editor.

I've shared this with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

Meanwhile, if that option is important, you can re-create the view using the classic views editor (Toolset -> Views) and then you'll be able to control that option.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Adding to my previous message, there is a global option "Enable history management settings for AJAX custom search", which can be disabled from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> Front-end Content.
( screenshot: hidden link )

It's important to note that this option will work for all views on the website, which are set to update results using AJAX and the URL will stay the same.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.