Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Location not working on maps distance filter

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Click on the location button and have the user's lat/long fill in. It's not filling in in Firefox or Safari. I've tried every combination of settings I can think ot.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Click on location and it fills in the location
Instead, I got:
ZILCH. Even when I allow access. And the site is HTTPS so that is not the issue.

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, I have tried the URL you mentioned above, and I see some JS errors, for example:

(index):336 Uncaught ReferenceError: plePreloader is not defined
    at (index):336
(anonymous) @ (index):336
(index):511 Uncaught ReferenceError: lazySizes is not defined
    at (index):511

Please try these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

OK, I have done alll of the above and to no avail. The errors you mentioned with JS have nothing to do with this situation. And just to see if it was just my site, I went to a couple of the test sites for Toolset (hidden link was one) and tried those in my browsers and they wouldn't work either. Even with all the permissions set on them. Both Firefox and Safari would not input a location. The only browser that worked correctly was Chrome. Which is the same exact scenario I am running into.

use-my-location.JPG

I have tried the URL you mentioned above:
hidden link
After click button "Use my location" button, I can see it is filled with coordinate values, see screenshot: use-my-location.JPG

So I don't see the same problem as you mentioned above: they wouldn't work either

And since above map is using Google Map API, so there is some limitation on it, for example, see Google document:
hidden link

If you are not in above area, then the problem is abnormal, please provide check these:
1) Make sure you are following our document to setup the google map API key:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/display-on-google-maps/creating-a-google-maps-api-key/#creating-an-api-key-for-google-maps

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.