Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Location map not being captured

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have created a Front End Product Submission Form linked to a Product Content Template. There is something wrong because when Users enter the location, the location marker and Google map is not being saved in the database.

Solution:

It is a custom codes problem, please check these:

deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS codes, and test again

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GinaM9227 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have created a Front End Product Submission Form linked to a Product Content Template. There is something wrong because when Users enter the location, the location marker and Google map is not being saved in the database. Not sure why this is happening

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? no

What is the link to your site? hidden link

error_post.jpg
location error.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the location as it shows when submitting the Form. But when the User tries to submit, then it says that Post cannot be saved

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please do the normal debug steps:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS codes, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

issue2.png
issue1.png

Thank you for your reply
I changed all data step by step according to your instruction but there are same issues yet

My main issue is not saved Map address.
When I insert the Map address and save it in the new product page, It doesn't be saved in my DB.
So I can not see it in the editing product page.
Actually I have same source code in my server and local.
The Map marker is working well in my local but is not working in my server.

I am not sure why this happen

PS: the issue1.png is in the new product page, the issue2.png is in the editing product page.
and I sent to you my server access information last ticket
Please help this issue.
Thank you

The credentials you provided in last ticket was removed to protect your privacy.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/when-i-change-the-conditional-option-the-fields-dont-appear/
Please backup your website, fill below private message box with your website credentials, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, I assume we are talking about this page:
hidden link
Please open above URL, you should be able to see some error messages in your browser console window, for example:

You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

So it should be a compatibility issue, since you are using 42 plugins and a custom theme in your website, I need your permission to deactivate plugins/theme, please backup your website first, then update here.

server.png
local.png

I backed up all data
You can change my site

Ps: Now I can see the same Google Maps Javascript API multiple times error on my local.
But the location address is working well on my local.
So I am not sure, why this happen

Please help me

The problem should be in your custom PHP codes:
hidden link
item "save_post"

You can try these:
1) Restore your website back
2) Deactivate that custom codes snippet "save_post", and test again

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.