Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Loading time too long

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Thank to your plugin I was able to create a "Ski-Finder". Awesome!
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

But the loading time until the page appears is during between 15 - 25 seconds.
That's definitely too long. Normally it takes until 5 seconds to load a page.

Do you have any idea or suggestions how to optimize the loading time with Toolset Views (with a lot of items)?

Hi, I'm not able to reproduce the 15 or 20 second load times. The loading time is much faster for me. Here's a webpagetest showing the results on the homepage:
hidden link
The initial page markup HTML downloads quite fast - around .55 seconds.

Here's a webpagetest showing the results of a basic search:
hidden link
The initial page markup downloads about the same speed, and the overall load times are faster because fewer images are downloaded when the page loads.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is the behavior different for logged-in and logged-out Users?

Hi Christian
Thanx for answering so quick.

Yes, I know, we have good test results on Google pagespeed or pingdom, but in the reality -here at my office por at home - on different devices we have extrem slowly loading time - pc or handy.
It's kind of the same contradiction when you get bad results vom Google although your loading time is extremely fast.
I work with cache plgins like autoptimize, wp fastests cache, etc. to optimize such things beside picture optimization.
But I do not understand why this site is so slowly loading.

Any idea what we could think about or do?

I can't see the problem, so I'm not sure how to help. When I test locally with iPhone, the homepage is fully loaded in 5 or 6 seconds. I see several JavaScript errors in the console - maybe fix those and see if performance improves?

Some other performance improvements you might consider:
- Update your server to use PHP 7+. There have been several performance improvements in PHP 7.
- Update your server to use MySQL 5.6+. You are currently using 5.5, which is below the recommended minimum for Toolset - https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/
- Eliminate some plugins. For example, using Layouts and WPBakery together is not recommended. Pick one or the other and convert your designs to one system.

If none of these resolve the problem, install the Query Monitor plugin and deactivate all caching temporarily. Look for any slow queries. If any single query takes longer than 0.5ms, we can investigate that query and find out what's going on.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.