Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Load more button

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,
I've tried this https://toolset.com/forums/topic/load-more-button-3/
But it doesn't seem to work.
I can't see where the problem could be ?
Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suppose that you have checked these pages:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/infinite-scrolling-in-views/
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-pager-next-page

Can you also check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help, I'll need to take a closer look at the view, please allow me temporary access to your admin area. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.
** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the access credentials.

I do not know exactly what is causing the view to not render the button to load more. I tested on a private page with a new view and it worked without issues. Check this page, it contains your view, then mine: hidden link
View: Toolset Support - Ressources hidden link

Can you check if updating this view and using it on your homepage suits you as a solution?

I found out what is the problem :
- If I uncheck "Disable the wrapping DIV around the View " it works.
- If I don't check it, it doesn't work.
This very much looks like a bug to me, but my problem is solved.
May I let this ticket open in order you may escalate it to second tier.
Thank you.

Since it worked after unchecked the "auto-div", I deleted your view...
And in deed the button appears, but it's not clickable anymore !
Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello, Our apologies for the late reply, I had to double-check on this before getting back to you.

As you can see on the following screenshot, disabling the wrapping DIV around the View will limit view functionalities such as AJAX functions which are essential for an infinite scroll.
hidden link

Regarding the button, I think that the infinite scroll is triggered as soon as you reach the bottom of the view, which disables the button during the loading.
If you want to disable the automatic trigger, add a high value to "Infinite scrolling tolerance, in pixels", something like 8000.

I hope this answers your question. I remain at your disposal.

Thank you.
I've tried to replace the value from -500 to 8000 but it didn't solve the problem. The button keeps being unclickable.
Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

My apologies for the mistake, you should actually have a negative value, -500 is fine. This means that you need to pass the threshold by this amount of pixels to trigger the effect. This has a limit though, once we reach the bottom of the page, the infinite scroll is automatically triggered, even if the bottom of the page is less than 500px from the bottom of the view loop.
Currently, there is no builtin way to support your use case on Toolset(Disable automatic loading until we click on load more), in fact, there is no dedicated load_more shortcode for views pagination. We currently use "wpv-pager-next-page" shortcode.

There is, though, a way to disable the automatic infinite scroll loading programmatically, but it will affect all infinite scroll on the page(imagine you use this view and another infinite scroll view on the same page).
Add the following code to your views Javascript section:

jQuery(function($){
  WPViews.view_pagination.is_infinite_triggable = function(view_layout){return false; }
});

If you believe this use case should be supported by Toolset, please suggest it here https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Best regards,
Jamal

Hello and thank you,
I'm changed back the amount of pixels to -500, and added the JS snippet to the 3 views' JS sections.
Nevertheless, the buttons still keep being unclickable 🙁
Please see hidden link
Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

According to our 2nd Tier the "Load more" button on the infinite scroll is a missign feature and needs to be requested at https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

For now, you will need to either use the default behavior or switch to a paginated style instead.

Our sincere apologies for this limitation. Hopefully, it will be added in the coming releases.

Best regards,
Jamal

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.