Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Live text search for the taxonomy terms

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,

i would perform a live search to choose from a taxonomy.

I have "city" taxonomy and i would let my visitors to choose it from a live text search

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some testing and research on my test website.

Unfortunately, there is no built-in feature available in Toolset plugins which can be used to create a live text search with a redirection.

For this, you'll need custom code and an auto-complete script-library, for example:
hidden link
hidden link

To get the list of available taxonomy terms, you can use the "get_terms" function from WordPress:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_terms/

For more personalized assistance around code customization, you can also consider hiring a professional from our list of recommended contractors:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

I hope this helps

regards,
Waqar

Sorry, but what about [wpv-filter-search-box] can i use it and apply to your component an external jquery autocomplete?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

The [wpv-filter-search-box] shortcode will just create a search input field, without any source selection or form, so I'm afraid it isn't going to be very useful for your case.

To get you started in the right direction, here are some guides on creating search with autocomplete feature:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.