Skip Navigation

[Closed] list categories and the posts connected to them

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author

Hi there..
I'm trying to list all/specific (case irrelevant) categories and all posts that are in the chosen categories.

Im making a menu for a restaurant. their categories is "A'La carte" "Drinks" etc..
I want to list all the menu categories automatically, but show content of the connected posts below.

How can i do this? i actually need this for many Views websites..

Its very urgent, so a fast answer is highly appreciated.

You need to create 2 Views to achieve this. We have a guide for this in https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/ , section "Taxonomy View with a Post View for a Child".

The detailed steps are like the following:

1 - Create a parent View displaying terms/categories - called "Taxonomy View". Choose the specific categories in "Query filter" section if you want.

2 - Create a child View displaying posts based on the parent taxonomy - called "Post View".
In "Query filter" section, you need to select filter: Taxonomy => The taxonomy you want, then choose "Taxonomy is: Value set by parent view".

3 - Go back to the parent View (created in the step 1) and insert the child "Post View" to the loop of "Layout HTML/CSS/JS" section.

4 - Put the parent View "Taxonomy View" in the place you want display it.

Please let us know if you have any more question.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] list categories and the posts connected to them’ is closed to new replies.