Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Linking From A Post to an Author "profile" page

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by LiamH4958 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm putting together an animal rehoming site and a bit stuck on linking from posts to a "profile page" of the post's author. So far i've created...

A CRED user form to allow a rescue to register with custom fields for logo, adoption fees, about us, phone number etc
Custom post type / fields of dogs and a CRED form to create these posts.
Archive for this post type
Layout for a single dog post that includes all the info from the custom post type and some from the author for example the logo and phone number

What I'd like to do next is have a link on these posts for example "View this rescues' full profile" that loads a new page showing all the info collected by the registration form. It would also be nice if i could have a way of showing a list of all authors along with some of their custom info to create a "view all rescues using this site" type page that in turn links to the above profile.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Liam,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We actually have a similar solution here.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/link-to-and-show-a-specific-user-profile-page/

In your case instead of using the [wpv-user field='ID'] shortcode in the url, you url will look like this.

<a href="urltocontentprofilepage/?users-filter=[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="ID"]">[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="nickname"]</a>

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Brilliant! That worked great, I did have a search around but must have missed the post you linked. Thanks for the quick and very helpful reply 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.