Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Linking a post to a media attachment page

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
4.custom-URL-field-page.210325.png
3.custom-URL-field-entry-on-Media-post-edit.210325.png
2.custom-URL-field-used-for-Dynamic-Content-of-button-on-Content-Template.210325.png
1.custom-URL-field-added-to-Media-post-type.210325,png.png

I have created a Content Template for Media and created a Custom Field Group to add a custom URL field assigned to the Media post type, which I then added to the Content Template. I then filled in a working URL for a test image, and when I click on that image's attachment link, a page built with my Content Template is displayed, including the button with Dynamic Content link using the custom URL field. However, clicking on that button on the front end just re-displays the attachment page - the Dynamic Content link is apparently not really attached to the button...

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with a similar content template and custom field, but couldn't reproduce this behavior.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how everything is set up in the back-end?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I was able to reproduce this issue on my test website too and it seems to happen only when the "Buttons" block from WordPress is used on the content template for the default "Media" post type.

I've shared this with the concerned team and for now, you can use the Toolset's "Button" block, which correctly uses the custom fields URL.
( you'll see it added in your content template "Template for Media" )

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this issue has been covered in the latest release of Toolset Blocks (1.6).

You're welcome to update and let us know through a new ticket, in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.