Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to spinner at hidden link is left in my site, breaking SSL

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Create a site based on a reference site and secured with https

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a fully secure site

Instead, I got: some http links to ref.wp-types.com in serialized array post_meta data that is output in the page source like this:
hidden link

Shouldn't these point to a local instance after installing the reference site? They also need to be // or https for my SSL to be intact.

Site says it is secure now so apparently this is not interfering with SSL success. Still wondering why it is in the page at all though.

Hi, I see the same thing occurring when I install the Company reference site. As a test, can you edit all your Views and resave them? In my local instance, this was enough to update the paths to the spinner images. If that resolves the path issue, I can report this as a potential issue to the reference sites team.

I edited and saved every layout, view and content template. Still seeing the ref.wp-types.com links in the source.

Okay I'd like to take a look in your wp-admin area to see if I can resolve this for you. If not, I'll need to create a site clone that I can use for further testing without breaking your site. If that's okay, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here. I will install the Duplicator plugin temporarily to create the site clone.

I see, the trick is that you have to use the Pagination Settings panel to select a different pagination setting that triggers an update of the spinner. I chose "Pagination enabled with automatic AJAX transition" and clicked away to trigger an autosave, then switched it back to No Pagination. On the homepage, I no longer see the ref.wp-types.com domain showing up anywhere. I have updated the other Views as well. Can you confirm the ref domain is not longer appearing on the site?

In the meantime, I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier support team, and they have passed the information along to our developers. I will continue to update you here as I receive more information. For now, the workaround is as I described above.

Hi, the latest version of the Toolset Framework Installer plugin an reference site downloads include a permanent fix for this problem. Please update to the latest versions before attempting a new reference site installation and let us know if you are still experiencing errors. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this SSL issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.