Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Link to edit profile does not work

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasV-2 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I would like to receive the right link to edit a profile (= profiel aanpassen)
This is the page: hidden link.
Clicking on "profiel aanpassen", I get a dead page: hidden link?
Also where in the back-end can I translate the below text:
"You don't have any properties yet. Feel free to add one."

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If you'll check the existing pages on the website ( from WP Admin -> Pages ), you'll see that no page with the name "Profiel Aanpassen" exists.

You can create a new page with this name and insert a user edit form on it
( ref: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1650645/ )

After that when "Profiel aanpassen" link will be used, it will take the user to this new page where he/she can edit the profile.

> Also where in the back-end can I translate the below text:
> "You don't have any properties yet. Feel free to add one."

- You'll find this text coming from the "No Items Found Text" field in the view, added on the edit screen of the page "Account pagina".
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

The "clone" user form does not work properly.

I cloned the user form "nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden" and named it "profiel gebruiker aanpassen"
I created a new content template " Template that contains the Edit Profile form" and selected the new user form "profiel gebruiker aanpasen".

Nevertheless, the new form did not clone the form from "nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden"?

When will I get a reply?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I've performed some tests on my website by cloning the add new user form into a user edit form and it worked as expected and all the fields were carried over.

In your website's "profiel-gebruiker-aanpassen" form, I see only the default fields. Is it possible that you've switched between the expert mode, as that would reset the form fields?

You can delete this form and clone the "Nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden" form again and see if the fields are carried over, properly.

Note: The "Profiel aanpassen" page includes a form block for a form that no longer exists, so please remove this block from the page. ( screenshot: hidden link )

Very strange that cloning works fine on your end.
What I did:
I created a NEW user with the user form named "nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden". I uploaded this form in a content template: hidden link
Then I CLONED the user form "nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden", selected EDIT EXISTING FORM, AUTHOR and saved. I uploaded this form in a content template BUT the form being used is different: hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

1. Your add new user form "Nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden" is showing correctly on the "Account aanmaken" page.

2. The edit user form "Profiel gebruiker aanpassen" is added inside the content template "Template that contains the Edit Profile form" and it also shows correctly when the "Profiel aanpassen" page is visited with the content template's ID in the URL ( /?content-template-id=1820 )

3. When the "Profiel aanpassen" page is visited directly, it doesn't show the edit user form, because no content template is assigned to this page and two form blocks for non-existent forms are added in the page's content.

You can select the "Template that contains the Edit Profile form" template in the page's settings and remove the two form blocks from the page's content and the edit user form will show correctly when the page is viewed directly.

Compare these 2 forms:
hidden link
hidden link
I don't think so.
That's the issue.

Waqar
Supporter

The difference is there because the fields in both forms ("Nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden" and "Profiel gebruiker aanpassen") are different.

I've performed some tests again on my test website and the clone feature is working as expected. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. There are a number of updates pending on your website. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue with form cloning persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

I still see updates are available for WordPress, active theme Astra and some other plugins.

Nevertheless, I've downloaded a duplicator package from your website. Since investigation such as this takes time, unfortunately, it won't be possible for us to commit to a 17.30 CET timeline.
( ref: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ )

An immediate workaround would be to recreate the "Profiel gebruiker aanpassen" form manually so that it has the same fields as the "Nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden" form.

Note: My shift for today is already over, but I'll be able to resume work on this issue, first thing tomorrow morning.

Any news yet?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting as this investigation took longer than originally anticipated.

While troubleshooting around the fields added in the form "Nieuwe gebruiker aanmelden", I was able to narrow down the issue to the 3 "HTML content" fields.

It turns out that, if double-quotes (") are used in the “HTML Content” field in a form and it is cloned, the form’s fields are not copied/carry over to the new form.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and for now a quick fix is to replace all instances of double-quotes (") in the form's "HTML content" fields, with single-quote (').

For example, existing HTML:

<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">lees de algemene voorwaarden</a>

Will become:

<a href='<em><u>hidden link</u></em> de algemene voorwaarden</a>

After this change, clone the form again and the fields will be copied, correctly.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.