Skip Navigation

[Closed] link slider image

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? link large image in slider (using blocks)

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? no

What is the link to your site?hidden link
is there any way to link the large image in this version of the slider? I don't want to use either of the other 2 image slider layout options because i need this layout.

Hello, there are several ways to create an image slider with Blocks, including some prebuilt modules and other hand-made examples. I'm not able to tell from the front-end how yours were created, so I'm not sure yet how you would convert those images to links. Please include some explanation and screenshots showing how this image slider was created in the Block editors and I can make some recommendations for you.

Capture.PNG

sorry about that - is this what you need? I can't use the other 2 image slider options so hoping to figure out how to link the large image in this one somehow. the best thing would be to be able to have a lightbox on it instead but if that's not possible i'm hoping for a link. thank you.

Okay thanks, I can see that you are using a Toolset Image Slider block, which is designed for use with a repeating image field. It will create a sliding-style gallery design with an optional lightbox effect, which can allow you to view the image in a full-screen overlay (a.k.a modal). The problem with creating a link for the large image area is that there is no built-in way to store a separate URL for each repetition of the image field, unless you were to hijack one of the fields in the media gallery. Even then, it's complicated, and there's no built-in way to leverage that with the Toolset Image Slider block.

To do something similar, you would have to utilize a repeatable field group (one row per image/url pair) or a separate custom post type in a one-to-many relationship (one child post per image/url pair). That would give you the ability to store a separate link URL for each image in the gallery. However, the Toolset Image Slider block is not designed to work with Repeatable Field Groups or a separate custom post type, it is only designed to work with a single repeating image field.

Just wanted to give you some information about the technical aspect here, so you can consider everything. If you'd like to discuss some different options, I'll be glad to give you some more information about modules in the module manager that work similarly, like the Portfolio Slider with Thumbnails:
https://toolset.com/modules/portfolio-slider-with-thumbnails/

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

thanks for the explanation - helps a lot.

I was trying to link the images only because this display setting (large image with thumbnails underneath) doesn't let me have the lightbox.

if i use the display setting with row of thumnails that link to lightbox, it doesn't work for me because it doesn't give me the large image.

questions:

is there a way to apply the lightbox to the module i'm using? (large image with thumbnails underneath)

or is there a way to change lightboxed option so that the middle image is larger? through css or js?

I see, unfortunately the Image Slider block isn't customizable this way. You have the option of either a lightbox or a larger featured image area, but not both. There's not a built-in way to make one of the images larger in the slider area, since these images are all programmed to be the same size.

The topic ‘[Closed] link slider image’ is closed to new replies.