This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.
Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.
I'm setting up a single content template using Beaver Builder, and am getting line breaks throughout the content. I have set this template to manual para output mode; additionally, a regular page on my site using Beaver Builder does not have this issue. So it's something with Toolset, but I don't know what.
See uploaded images for behavior, and here for example:
Thanks for your help fixing the problem!
Btw, I'm running on WP latest, Genesis latest with Essence Pro theme, and Toolset latest (Types 3.3.10; Blocks 1.1.3).
Hello, I'm not able to replicate this exact problem in a local test with Beaver Builder, so there must be something I'm missing. Does the problem occur if you activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Beaver Builder?
Can you explain more about how you added content to each tab? What content is in the tab titles?
Thanks for your quick reply. Christian. I'm running this site on a multisite with a variety of network enabled plugins, and I'm loathe to switch this site over to a different theme as it's public, so here is what I did to further diagnose, but problem not yet figured out:
(1) I created a new site on this multisite, and initially tested on 2020 theme with Toolset CPT single display; all worked fine so I switched to the production site theme (Essence Pro), and all worked fine. Here is that test page, fyi: hidden link. Note that I also added right sidebar widgets to see if their existence is affecting page display, but no problem.
From #1 we seem to know that (a) the theme is not the problem, and (b) the network activated plugins are not the problem. (I didn't activate any new plugins when initially testing, so I'm sort of ruling out plugins.)
(2) I tried a new, simpler content template with that same BB Tabs module, and same behavior: see now hidden link. (We have two backend caches running, so your view may not differ from earlier; trust me that problem remains.)
From #2 I can see that there is nothing peculiar about the particular content template I'm having problems with.
(3) I reverted the content template to the regular classic editor ("Stop using Beaver Builder for this Content Template"), inspected the code, and reverted back the Beaver Builder. Line breaks were not apparent in code, yet appeared again when BB invoked.
#3 didn't really provide me any good info. (I did the same on the /test/ site, with no apparent difference when inspecting code after I stopped using BB.)
Bottom line remains: <br /> are inserted (i) when using BB (ii) for a Toolset-based template (iii) on this particular subsite.
You can see this by viewing page source for hidden link, vs. hidden link or hidden link.
If you can offer clues to further diagnosis, I'd appreciate, as it's important...thank you!
Okay I can see the markup you're describing but without being able to isolate the problem in a single test site I can't escalate this to my 2nd tier support team. So if you can set up a test site outside of this network, using just BB and Toolset, and produce the same results, then I can make a copy of that site and escalate it to my 2nd tier support team. But as it is now, it's too tightly coupled to a live network site for me to isolate any single issue. Do you have access to a different server? If not, I can try to set one up for you to use to reproduce the error. Let me know how you would like to proceed.
Christian, thank you. As you read, I cannot yet duplicate the issue outside of this site: when I try a fairly exact duplicate on a test site on this server, the issue does not appear. I will continue to try and diagnose on the site, and be in touch if I have more clues.
I'll stand by for your update.
Okay, after numerous trials I have diagnosed and fixed the problem.
My solution: *each WYSIWYG field must include output='raw', or else <br /> will be added throughout the page*!!
I'd sure appreciate your explanation of why this may be so, i.e., what exactly output='raw' accomplishes.
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)
Christian is unavailable today but will be back tomorrow to continue working through this with you.
Okay awesome that you were able to come up with a solution for this. If possible, I would like to try again to replicate this now that we know more about the problem. I'd like to know more about:
- Where these WYSIWYGs are displayed / how this Content Template is assigned and implemented
- The contents of each WYSIWYG, and how those contents impact the front-end results
- The exact shortcodes used to display each WYSIWYG, and how they are implemented
May I log into the admin area of one of these sites to get this information? Then I can use that information to recreate a similar setup on my local machine.
My apologies for the late reply: we are extremely busy with our online courses. Though I can't provide the info/access you need just now, perhaps we can reopen following the close of our semester in May.
I'll stand by for your update.
The topic ‘[Closed] Line breaks added to beaver builder single content template’ is closed to new replies.