Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Limit number of repeating image fields in gallery

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickH-5 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
uneven grid.PNG

I would like to use the Toolset gallery block but ensure that the maximum number of images shown is (in this case) 6. I am creating an archive which shows the gallery for each post in a post type (room) and I want the grid to have the same number of images in each block. Each room post has at least 6 images in the repeating field but some have more, so the grid becomes uneven otherwise.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Currently, there is no such feature with Gallery block where you can control the number of images you want to display but it seems a valid feature request.

We have created a new feature request ticket with our internal system and I will keep you posted when it will be available but for now there is no way to control number of images displayed using Gallery block.

Please note that there is no ETA on it when it get implemented and we publish the feature but we will try our best to offer it you so you can use it with your site.

Maybe for now, you should try to display images using [wpv-for-each] shortcocde and limit it to 6 instances only and design your output.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-153482

PS: [wpv-for-each] will not offer you the same output with popup like gallery does but you have to compromise until the feature is not implemented and offered.

Thanks a lot for making the feature request.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.