Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Limit number of posts in slider based on screen size

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Limit number of posts in slider based on screen size

Solution:
There is no native solution to this issue. you should create three views and put them in different containers that are displayed or hidden based on the screen size.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcialB 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi there

We have a slider (view) that shows 4 items per row. However, on smaller screens, we need to reduce the number of items to 3 and then to 2 for smartphones.

Is there an easy solution to achive that with one view? Otherwise, I will create three views and put them in different containers that are displayed or hidden based on the screen size.

Before I do that, I just wanted to make sure, that there isn't a solution within toolset for that.

Best,
Marcial

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no native solution to this issue and eventually, I would suppose to recommend to create the three views which you already mentioned.

I suggest to follow that method and feel free to submit the feature requests for same:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Okay, I think that makes sense. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.