Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Limit access to own content

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Restrict access to own content using our Access plugin.

Solution:

Yes this is possible using our Toolset Access, all you need to do is on the CPT access settings just set that user role to "Edit Own"

This should allow the user to only edit posts of that CPT that they created.

Take a look at our documentation for further details on this.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there

I have something in mind but I am not sure if Toolset is the right tool to achieve that.

I would like to build a simple platform for our agency that helps our clients to have an overview about their design rules (online style guide). They can define color codes, fonts, sizes, sample images, upload logos and so on.

Clients should be able to create an account (/register) and then fill out a form (/form). The results are then displayed for them (/dashboard). Now obviously each client has its own user and should only be able to edit and see its own style guide.

I think I can build most of this with toolset, but I am unsure if it's possible that each client only has access to its own content. Can I control that with access?

Thanks,

Marcial

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Marcial,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Yes this is possible using our Toolset Access, all you need to do is on the CPT access settings just set that user role to "Edit Own"

This should allow the user to only edit posts of that CPT that they created.

Take a look at our documentation for further details on this.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.