Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Let me choose individual settings manually- Need to remove extra url from search

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 12.41.31 PM.png

On one of my site I'm using custom search:- Let me choose individual settings manually

The search page url is adding search result in the url .. for example

abc.com/result-page/?wpv_post_search=abbey&wpv_aux_current_post_id=94

is there a ways that I can get rid of that search result from url and my your will be abc.com/result-page

In addition I've attached the image of Parametric Search Settings

Thanks,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laura,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately not, this is the bases under which our views plugin filters the results on the page.

The filters work by getting the value being passed in the url parameter, so removing this would essentially cause the parametric search.

Without the URL parameters the view would not know how to filter the data to display. Instead it will just display all the information.

Please let me know if this clears things up for you.
Thank,
Shane

I know what you mean but I'm looking for some script with that I can time out the url so it searches and as well hide extra url.

This script I'm using to timeout the extra url from the parametric search but Let me choose individual settings manually I can't do that and for sure parametric search is also using url to filter the result........

jQuery(document).bind("js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated",function(){
setTimeout(function(){ history.pushState(null, "", location.href.split("?")[0]); }, 300);
});

I can't find the event to call in Let me choose manually like for parametric search I was able to do on the bases of js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated...

Let me know of this make sense for you ...

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laura,

Unfortunately we here in the support forum are not able to provide this script as this falls outside the scope of our support forum.

However we have certified consultants that can write a script like this for you .

You can contact them by going to the link below.
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.