Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts removing paragraph breaks

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

This is a continuing issue from this ticket which closed last week: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/sometimes-paragraph-breaks-are-missing/#post-1321999

I just had to open a new ticket because that one expired.

Hi Luo:

I'm writing again about this issue. It continues to be a problem on my site. There are several pages (like this one: hidden link) where I will follow your instructions:
- the text boxes are in HTML view
- I've selected 'Disable automatic paragraphs'
- I've selected 'Disable the_content filter'

When I save, the page will look fine. Or it won't and I'll need to save and re-save the layout until the page looks 'right'. Then when I go back to the page later, it's broken again.

Sometimes if a page looks broken, I'll edit its Layout again and noticed that those options above are *unselected* even though I know I selected them earlier!

I really do think this is an issue with Layout because I've turned off all other plugins and reverted to the original theme and saw the problem, as we discussed earlier in this thread.

I'm about to present this to a client and we keep running into this problem. It'd be great if I could get more in-depth assistance on this, please.

Kind regards, Russell

Hi, I have reopened the previous ticket so you can continue to discuss the issue with your original supporter. This should get faster results for you since Luo is already familiar with the issue.

Super, thanks. I'll jump back over to that ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.