Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts plugin won't update. Deactivated all Toolset, no joy.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Client had no active license for Layouts, since he has been refunded previously. But later he purchased the plugin and all went fine.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author

I am trying to: update Layouts

Just get spinning icon. Already searched for answer; deactivated all Toolset plugins.

No joy.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I apologize for this experience.

Can you please provide some debug information about your site? Please see https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/ for more information.

I have enabled debug information area for your next reply. You will need to activate the plugins for once to get the debug information.

However, on the other hand, you can download plugins from your wp-types.com account and can upload via FTP. Or at-least you might need to update the framework-installer plugin for once. There are possibilities that sometimes a network legacy or some data corruption in the database, may prevent plugins to behave correctly.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

Hi, Waqus, thanks. I'd prefer to keep my info private. Will the debug info show up on this page if i paste it into the box above?

Waqus, which plugin is "framework-installer plugin?"

Waqas
Supporter

Yes of course, the debug information is only available to support staff, as far as, it is provided in the designated "debug information" area on the thread.

To download the "Framework Installer" please follow these steps:

1) Login to your wp-types.com account and go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) Switch to "Application Frameworks" tab and scroll to the end of the page (just above the grey big footer area)
3) Find the "Download Framework Installer" button to download the said plugin.
4) Replace this with existing framework installer on your site. You can find the existing plugin under /wp-content/plugins/framework-installer

Thanks, Waqas, here is debug info.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the debug information. I can't see Layouts plugin installed (probably deleted or deactivated). Can you please install the latest version of Layouts and see if you are able to update? However, I see Types and Views are on latest versions.

Also, please let me know if you were able to download and install Framework Installer.

Screen shot 2015-08-10 at 3.59.06 PM.png

Hi Waqas. Re your instructions to "4) Replace this with existing framework installer on your site. You can find the existing plugin under '/wp-content/plugins/framework-installer'."

I have downloaded the "framework-installer," however there is no such plugin extant in my wp-content > plugins.

No such thing.

Oh, wait, I just looked at framework installer. Why would I want it?

Waqas
Supporter

If there's no framework-installer, then you just need to install it. Simply upload to /wp-content/plugins folder and then activate from Dashboard -> Plugins.

The framework installer enables you to register your plugins with wp-types.com and makes new updates easy, from the WP dashboard.

Otherwise, you can always download a plugin from your wp-types.com account and can upload via FTP. On the other hand, sometimes our CDN or your hosting server may have face a network issue. Such issues lead to an interrupted or incomplete update procedure. In this situation you may try after a couple hours again.

Please let me know if installing the framework-installer helps or if you want me to login to your site and do this for you.

Hi, Waqas. I figured it out. I purchased Toolset in February, then got a refund because I couldn't get Layouts to work with Genesis. Next, I repurchased, but Views only. So, I had Layouts uploaded to an old dev site, and I had forgotten that I no longer owned it.

What got me to purchase it again is that I came across a post that explained how to integrate Layouts with the Genesis framework.

So, that's how I got here. Upshot, I re-purchased Layouts today, and it works! Perhaps someone might create a post detailing the way to integrate Layouts w/ Genesis. Greater minds than mine were not able to figure it out.

Thanks for all of your help.

Signed,

The Idiot

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your understanding. Our team is working to improve the documentation, I hope sooner or later such case studies will also surface in our documentation or blog.

Thanks again, have a nice day.