Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts interface missing

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 11.02.25.png
Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 11.02.34.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Edit some older pages which used Layouts. They're now missing the Layouts interface, which makes this tricky to add a new section. All my plugins and WP installation are up to date, as is my browser and I've cleared its cache.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No, though a couple weeks ago I was experimenting with Content Templates for Pages and I temporarily applied a Content Template. Possibly that caused the issue? I've since detached that Content Template from all my Pages. In the Toolset dashboard it now says that Pages are using single.php, which is correct.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
It's more of a back-end issue. But I've attached some screengrabs of how my editing screen is looking. Where it used to have the orange button to edit the Layouts, I now get a Classic WordPress block with the Layouts HTML in there.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link is the page I'm trying to edit. It still looks fine on the front. I'd just like to get the Layouts back. I'm not using Layout for newer pages, so this is a legacy thing I'm just trying to maintain. Thanks!

You seem to have switched from Content Layout to Blocks editing experience and hence it took what was in the Content Layout and put it in a Classic Block.

However, even when you use Gutenberg, and have Layouts active, the "Content Layout Editor" orange button is still appearing.

It rather looks like Toolset Layouts is not active on your site. Can you confirm the plugin is activated?
If so, and the issue still happens with Toolset alone, can you add a Duplicate https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ with steps so I can see and replicate the issue?

Hi there:

Thanks for the reply. I was just double-checking my installation and it turns out that my Layouts plugin wasn't totally up to date after all. There was some issue getting it updated (I had to de-register, then register my Toolset account again), but after everything was then updated, the orange Layouts button returned to the edit screen. So maybe that was it?

Thanks for your help regardless. Have a good weekend. 🙂

Cheers, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.