Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts has broken search

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Author

What are you talking about? I have told you TWICE that search WORKED

Then I installed Layouts and it no longer worked. This happened immediately.

So I disabled Layouts and search was still broken.

I have written this, on this thread, twice.

As for the problem in the image, you want to tell how to fix that?

Remember, I had Types and Views installed. Search was fine.

I installed Layouts - search stopped working.

No other plugins installed, no changes to functions, no changes to any code at all - search stopped working.

Hello,

I will try to reproduce it and will get back to you with the results.

Thanks.

Hello,

I forwarded the problem to our developers.

In the meantime what you should do is to go to Layouts > Layouts, find "Layout for Search Results" and click on "Change Layout Use", there you should uncheck "Search" from Archive part.

This will bring back the standard Genesis search function.

Thanks.

NOW you tell me this? A week and 16 thread exchanges later? After I've deleted Layouts and Genesis Integration? Are you kidding me?

Hello,

And this is the official answer from our Developer :

Beware that the default layout shipped with the integration is a dummy layout with 3 dummy (non existing posts) to demonstrate only how it should look and the instructions to achieve that.

You can see at the very bottom of the page this text:

Instructions: These contents are only a dummy loop. Use the WordPress Archive Cell to display the actual posts loop. Learn more about the WordPress Archive Cell. with the link to the documentation that explains how to build an archive loop with Genesis+Layouts and Views.

Thanks.

I received this from you, in the mail:

"Hello, And this is the official answer from our Developer : Beware that the default layout shipped with the integration is a dummy layout with 3 dummy (non existing posts) to demonstrate only how it should look and the instructions to achieve that. You can see at the very bottom of the page this text: Instructions: These contents are only a dummy loop. Use the WordPress Archive Cell to display the actual posts loop. Learn more about the WordPress Archive Cell. with the link to the documentation that explains how to build an archive loop with Genesis+Layouts and Views. Thanks.";

#1. It has taken you over a week for you to come up with this answer. My question to you is this: why are you answering support questions when you do not have the most rudimentary answer about the product for the client?;

#2. OF COURSE I KNOW THIS, I CAN READ; and

#3 My question was, and IS, that AFTER DISABLING/DELETING LAYOUTS, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. This is is original question. This is the question I asked over a week ago. Will you please assign this support thread to somebody else, ASAP.

Hello,

The part of our support process is to debug everything properly. I wanted to test your website but since that failed I tried to reproduce it myself - then I discovered the same thing you did, forwarded to the developers and got the answer that I sent you.

Can you install Layouts again, and make sure that the Search Layout is not used for search archives, just disable it and it would help you with broken search.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.