Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts for post types is not being used for other users

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ole Andreas Vekve 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Skjermbilde 2016-07-29 kl. 09.10.39.png

The layouts being used as templates for post types works well on the one user with Admin access. But not for the user with limited access.

When the user with limited access makes a new post in the post types. The post does not get a layout. Logging into the user with admin access and navigating to Toolset - Layouts shows that the post does not use the layout template.

I get the message: "Use this layout for 1 ..." and then the post type name.

Example: hidden link

Any ideas?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The "Use this layout..." message normally appears on existing posts that were published before you created the layout which you then assigned to that post type, and they need to be bound to the new layout.

If that is not what has happened in your case, can you clarify what you mean "user with limited access"? You mean a non-admin role such as editor or author, or something else?

Sorry for being unclear.

I ment non-admin role, in this case editor.

Nigel
Supporter

There is a fix for this in the next release which should take care of the issue.

Your editor role doesn't have rights to assign layouts, but that is not supposed to stop the posts they publish or edit from inheriting layouts assigned to that post type by someone with a role that does.

That is what will be fixed in the next version.

Nigel
Supporter

I wanted to update you to let you know we launched a new Toolset release.

Please, backup your website and update WordPress and all Toolset plugins to the latest versions, and then test the issue to check if it has been resolved.

It would be helpful if you could let me know how you get on, thanks.

Thank you for updating me.

I saw the update, and the pages has already been updated.

However I have not had time to check if it works, but I hope so.

Thank you very much for helping me out.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.