Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts for Genesis adds unnecessary divs. New issue. Way to correct it?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riccardo Strobbia 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Riccardo Strobbia.

Author
genesis-before.JPG
genesis-after.JPG

Hello,

I have added two reference screenshots.

My title is a bit off. I actually did a little more testing, and I tracked down exactly when this issue occurs.

I thought it was in the updating of Layouts, however, it is actually in the updating of Genesis, but Layouts is affected somehow.

So, here is what is happening ...

The "before" screenshot shows the structure of a parent layout wrapped around a child layout. Very simply, I have two rows above and below the one row of my child layout.

The "after" screenshot shows that after I update Genesis, the parent layout adds three extra containers around the child layout, causing styling issues.

These containers should not be here. The containers being added are:

site-inner
content-sidebar-wrap
content

These containers really should only be added when you are using the Genesis content structure for pages and posts, no?

Another issue with this is that I am using a piece of Genesis functionality to force a full width layout, however, content-sidebar-wrap is being used regardless. The code to force full width is:

//* Force full-width-content layout setting
add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

I also tried to unregister the "content sidebar" layout using another Genesis specific snippet, and that did not affect the container that is being added. This code is:

//* Unregister content/sidebar layout setting
genesis_unregister_layout( 'content-sidebar' );

I hope I have given you enough information to test this on your end. I tried this with a previous version of Layouts, and the new version of Layouts, and there was no change with Genesis 2.3.1. As soon as I update Genesis to 2.4.1, Layouts adds these new containers.

I know this sounds like a Genesis issue, and not a Layouts issue, however, I also did a test without Layouts installed, and the structure of Genesis doesn't change.

It is a weird reaction between the newest version of Genesis (2.4.1) and Layouts.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to go into greater detail.

Thanks!

Dear Micheal,

I apologise, but we're not compatible with Genesis 2.4 yet, we are working on the upgrade, but until the development work in not done I strongly recommend to downgrade to Genesis 2.3.

This is the flow to follow: disable all plugins, rollback Genesis and reactivate the plugins again.

I hope this helps and I strongly apologise for the inconvenience.

Riccardo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.