Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Installing and activating Toolset Layouts created a long list of errors as seen here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-error/#post-612331

Solution:
Try to replicate these errors on a new install or try to remove them by disabling other non-Toolset software.

In this case the errors where not due to Toolset but to some issue during the install, solved by a fresh install

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bryant-3 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Edit the header and footer results in an error: It was working yesterday, I haven't changed anything.

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Element parameter should be an object or an array, NULL given. in /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php:440 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Toolset_ArrayUtils->filter_array(NULL) #1 /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes-auto/wpddl.utils.class.php(1399): array_filter(Array, Array) #2 /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes-auto/wpddl.parent-layout-helper.class.php(41): WPDD_Utils::where(Array, 'parent', 'header-footer') #3 /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes-auto/wpddl.parent-layout-helper.class.php(20): WPDDL_ParentLayoutHelper->fetch_layouts_children() #4 /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/cell_types/wpddl.child_layout.class.php(90): WPDDL_ParentLayoutHelper->__construct('53') #5 /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/cell_types/wpddl.child_layout.cl in /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/utility/utils.php on line 440

I am also getting these warnings in the admin area of wordpress:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-installer-theme.php on line 939

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-installer-theme.php:939) in /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/thatche2/public_html/kassandra/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes-auto/WPML/wpddl.layouts-wpml.class.php on line 88

These errors are not replicable on a new WordPress install with Toolset.

When I tried to log in to your site, I also did not see them, but eventually you turned off the WP Debug now.
Also, I cannot access the site as an Admin, I assume the account you provided me is of Subscriber role.

I would need to be Administrator to perform the same steps you outline above.

Could you please proceed like this:
- disable non-Toolset Plugins
- enable the original, fresh downloaded Toolset Starter Theme
- Check if the issues still persist.

If so, please upgrade my account to Administrator, so I can follow your steps.
Eventually, please also elaborate where you edit the header and footer, as with Toolset this is not possible - but eventually you added Layouts to them, or mean the Theme Customizer settings.

Thank you for the additional details in advance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.