Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts cannot be assigned

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Layouts cannot be assigned in wp-admin as expected, and some backend links are redirecting me to the Layouts dashboard in wp-admin.

Solution: Update Layouts to the latest version.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitriV 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.46.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 2.47.52 PM.png

When trying to make any changes to any of the When trying to make any changes to any posts (Listings, Rentals, Development) the browser automatically is trying to forward me to the Layout editing page, which is has no layout. Even if you just try to “update” any of the listings, it does not allow you, instead forwards to Layout’s edit page. See screenshots.

If you try to go to Layouts, it says that none of the layouts are assigned to any post types, which is contradicting to what you see in the actual post. By selecting any post you see that selected Layout is Listing/Rental/Development and the public side of the page properly reflects that.

Hi, my first suggestion is to update all Toolset plugins to their latest versions. There were some problems introduced in a previous release that resulted from updating some but not all Toolset plugins, for example: https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/

If you have not yet created a backup of your site, I recommend creating a backup of the database and files first. Then, if you're able to access the Plugins page in wp-admin, I suggest temporarily deactivating all Toolset plugins except Types. If you are unable to access the Plugins page because of the Layouts issue, log in to the site server using FTP and navigate to /wp-content/plugins. You should be able to deactivate the Layouts plugin temporarily by renaming the directory "layouts" to something like "layouts-backup". In wp-admin, navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins, and you should see a message that Layouts has been deactivated. Delete the Layouts plugin from the list of plugins now.

After that, go to Plugins > Add New, and open the "Commercial" tab. In the Toolset installer area, click "Check for updates" to trigger a scan of the current site status. You should then be able to update all your Toolset plugins automatically to their latest versions, and also download and install the latest version of Layouts.

After update, reactivate any Toolset plugins you had deactivated and let me know if the problem is not resolved.

Layouts pluging update fixed the issue. Sorry, I did not notice that it's a legacy plugin now and needs to be updated separately. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.