Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts 2.1 destroys my page design

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I just updated to Layouts 2.1
In toolset ddl-tabs-cell-frontend.js ?ver=2.1 on row 15 you add class active to EACH first tab-panes on any page.
This completely destroys my design on pages with standard bootstrap design where I set other tab-panes to be active on page-load.
Also on pages where I chose not to have first tabs open - get class active. (thus opening)

I understand why you added this to your js as you have tabs in Layouts. But this needs to be changed.
You probably have to add some custom class to your toolset Layout tab-content>tab-panes and search for them in your js instead.

Please don't mess with standard bootstrap classes that control page layout in this way.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tina,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page so that I can take a look at the issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

No I have altered the Toolset js to make the problem go away and it is my live site, so I do not want to turn it on again. I thought it thoroughly explained with my info on which js and row it concerns.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tina,

Unless I fully understand the issue i'm not able to debug and make a report to our development team.

So far i've only gathered that you are having an issue with the Bootstrap Tabs functionality from Layouts where the first tab is open by default on loading the page, which in itself is not an issue since thats how it works.

Please explain further possible providing some screenshot so that I can get a better understanding of the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

I don't like to disagree but I do. Tabs aren't open automatically if you don't add class "active" to them.

Case.
I add bootstrap tabs.
I don't add class "active" to any of them, because I want them closed when the page loads.
The Toolset JS adds class "active" to the first tab, so It is opened any way.
Disabling row 15 in the Toolset js file I mentioned makes the problem go away. And it did not exist before I upgraded to Layouts 2.1
So, the toolset js file overrides the page design.

And this toolset JS is loaded on pages where I don't use any "Layout".

In addition to my latest reply:
I have not created my tabs with Layouts.
The page in question does not use Layouts at all. It is a custom template with only content templates and various views.
But Toolset includes this js file to all pages and adds class active to all first tabs on any page even if it doesn't use Layouts or if the tabs aren't created with Layouts.

Hi Tina, Shane is away so I will pick up this ticket. I've escalated this issue to my 2nd tier team because I'm able to replicate it consistently on my local environment. Like you mentioned, it seems like the selector in ddl-tabs-cell-frontend.js should be more specific so tabs created outside of Layouts are not affected. I'll let you know what I find out.

Please fix this.
Reported two months ago.
Now, when I updated Layouts, I forgot about this and wondered what broke the page design.
Had to error search again to find that the same problem was unresolved.
Never a good idea to have to remember to hack a plugin every time it is updated.

Hi Tina, I don't have any new information to share at this time. The problem has been escalated to our Layouts developers, but I do not have a timeline available for a fix. I will update our internal ticket and let the team know you are checking in about this unresolved problem.

Hi, an update to let you know this issue will be resolved in the upcoming Layouts 2.3 release.

Hi, Layouts 2.3 is now available for download or automatic update. Please update when you are ready and let me know if the issue is not resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.