Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts 0.91 … how to set it up… get it working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by herreV 9 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

The Layouts project truly sounds like a great project/idea…

the strange thing is that i cannot get it to work in any way…

Tried different ways…
1) used a clean WP 3.9.1 install, installed the layouts plugin, installed the bootstrap 3 theme –> everything went blank…

reset

2) clean wp3.9.1. install, installed the bootstrap 3 theme… everything still working… installed layouts… –> blank screen

3) tried above both, only then with bootstrap 2 theme… same result… when only the theme or only the plugin is activated, everything is still working… when both are activated… i get a blank screen… on both sides.. website side as the wp-admin side…

4) installed of my own themes, based on bootstrap3 and underscores.me… this theme works fine. Installed layouts… still everything was working.
created a page-layouts.php (copied from the tutorial pages)
created a header-layouts.php (copied from the tutorial pages)
created a footer-layouts.php (copied from the tutorial pages)
In functions.php added the code for selecting bootstrap-3
Checked in the layouts settings, there also bootstrap 3 was selected

Went to layouts, created a simple layout… one row… two columns… with only text “column 1″ … “column 2″ …
Opened the sample page, set at the layouts page template the just created layout… updated and viewed the page… –> blank screen

I’m not sure if i’m missing something… but looks like there is some kind of bug… or something missing in the tutorial page.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Regards,
Herre

Hi Herre,

I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost, with latest version wordpress 3.9.1 + Layouts 0.9.1.1 + Layouts demo for Bootstrap 3 version 1.0

Could you enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

One of your developers contacted me and helped me solve this issue... Thank you!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.