Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout View for attachment dont`t show image

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to create a Layout for Media attachment pages, but I can't get my image to show up.

Solution: Add the following attachment link shortcode:

add_shortcode('wpv-attachment-link', 'attachment_link_shortcode');
function attachment_link_shortcode ($atts) {
  global $post;
  return wp_get_attachment_image_src($post->ID, $atts['size'])[0];
}

Use the shortcode like so:

[wpv-attachment-image size="large"]

Now each image is displayed as a link to the attachment.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ronny Wunderlich 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: I like to show an attachment view with image, beacause when i search in Google i find my attachment site, but she is only white.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Instead, I got: I cant see the Image. I insert it with the [wpv-post-featured-image size="full"] shortcode. But it doesnt work.

Hi, can you post a screenshot that shows where you have added this shortcode in wp-admin? I would like to get a bit more information about how you have implemented it. Please show the entire page in wp-admin where the shortcode is included. Then, please show a screenshot of the featured image in this post in wp-admin:
hidden link

Screenshot-2017-9-13 Layout bearbeiten ‹ Ronny Wunderlich Fotografie — WordPress.png

Hi, i make a Layout, put the shoortcut in this Layout and use it for media attachements. Here is e screenshoot.

Try adding a post content cell to your Layout.

I try, but not work.

That should work, can I take a look in your wp-admin area to see what's going wrong? Please share login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Okay thanks, it seems to be set up correctly so I'm not sure what's going on. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed
- If the problem is not resolved, I may need to create a clone of your site so I can run some more tests without changing your site's live content. I will use the Duplicator plugin to create this clone. Let me know if that's okay.

Hi, i test with other template and it works.

Now i use a code from https://toolset.com/forums/topic/media-overview-shows-image-twice/page/2/#post-560140

Now it works for me.

Thx

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.