Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout Theme Options changes are not shown on the front-end until the post is updated in wp-admin

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that Layouts setting to remove the header of the page is not working.

Solution:

To remove the header title you can use the css below.

.entry-header{
display:none;
}
This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by PiotrO586 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Christian, cool, thanks.

I noticed that the changes made to the layout Theme Options, say the layout assigned to pages, are not reflected straight away when I visit a page. Only after I edit and update the page I see changes introduced to the layout Theme Options (at least I am testing now Disable Elements settings).

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Piotr,

Thanks you for contacting our support forum.

Could you let me know which version of Layouts you are using the perform these tests ?

Thanks,
Shane

Dear Shane, it's 2.2.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

Thats strange i'm not sure of the plugins that you have on your website but could you temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and try again.

Thanks,
Shane

I did that, but it didn't help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

Would you mind providing with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

Could you let me know an example test case so I can check this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure,

For example, visit the page: hidden link
It's got double title.

Then go to Layouts > Layout for Pages > Disable Elements section and try to enable Content Tile, then save the layout, then disable Content Title again, save the layout, and visit the above url. Double title is still there. Only if you edit this page and save it, one of the titles disappears (the one not included in the layout).

I hope it helps.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

There seems to be something more at work here because if I were to set the setting on the backend layout here hidden link

Then go to the frontend and use the frontend layout editor, the settings get saved.
hidden link

I'll test this locally to see if I can replicate.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Piotr,

I was able to replicate on a duplicator package I had.

What you can do as a workaround is to use the following css to disable the title.

.entry-header{
display:none;
}

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

luckily I don't have too many pages yet, so I can go and update every one. And thanks for your suggestion too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.