Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout template ‘Post Content’ combines paragraphs into one

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The paragraph tags I have added to my content are not being displayed appropriately on the site.

Solution: Check your settings for "Automatic paragraphs" and make sure to disable automatic paragraphs.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JoshuaD7497 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
2.jpg
1.jpg

I am trying to: Show the paragraphs in my 'Post Content' as separate paragraphs (as shown in the editor).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Five separate paragraphs

Instead, I got: One paragraph, combined.

Hi, you may need to adjust your automatic paragraph settings for this Content Template / Layout. Normally there is a checkbox underneath the WYSIWYG area that says "Disable automatic paragraphs" or "Manual paragraphs". You should select that option.

If you're not able to see this option, can you show me how the post content is added to the page? For instance, is this a post content cell in a Layout, or have you used a shortcode to place the content in a Visual Editor cell, or something else? A screenshot of your wp-admin area where I can see this will be helpful.

Thank you.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.