Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout plugin clash with events plugin Eventon

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
events-single-page.PNG

I am trying to: We are using the eventon plugin for our events, after doing some trouble shooting we have discovered the Layout plugin is blocking the Eventon styled page to show.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Attached. hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

Hi, is the problem occurring without any Template Layouts or Content Layouts applied to the Single Event? If so, then I'll need to take a closer look. Since EventON is a paid plugin and I don't have access to a copy, I'll need you to post the plugin zip files online and provide a download link for me here in the private reply fields.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.28.23 PM.png

Okay please try this:
- Go to Toolset > Layouts and click "Add New".
- Insert a Post Content cell that fills the first row. Screenshot attached.
- Click "Change how this Layout is Used" and select "Events" under the heading "Template for multiple pages".
- Save the Layout and edit an Event in wp-admin. In the top right column, select the Layout you just created.
- Test the event page on the front-end of your site.

500-error.PNG
template.PNG
layout.PNG

I followed the instructions (images attached)

and got a HTTP ERROR 500 when I tested the event page on the front end.

Okay in my local testing this resolved the issue, and I didn't get any 500 errors, so I suspect there could be something else going on like a conflict with another plugin or your theme. Can you temporarily activate server logs to see more information about the 500 error? If you're not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to temporarily activate them. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Reload the event page where the 500 error appears. This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php, and rename the Layouts plugin folder to deactivate the plugin. The folder can be found at wp-content/plugins/layouts. This will restore access to wp-admin.

Let me know what you find in the error logs and we can go from there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.