Skip Navigation

[Closed] Layout not saving / can't be previewed / Not able to be saved to page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 3.09.00 PM.png

The image below shows the saving icon continues to load for minutes. At one point I went outside and came back 10 mins later and was still loading. If you try and exit the page, you get warning that layout changes will not be saved to exit anyway.

So the content is not being saved, it's not editable, you can not preview it, and the loading screen stays on loop.

This is after deactivating all plugins, changing the theme, having the toolset plugin updated to the latest version. Majority of our pages are on a Genesis child theme, that toolset has used for years, and suddently with the wordpress 5.5 update it no longer is working.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Thats for sharing information and following basic debug steps.

I see no other user reported such issue yet but that is why I would like to check whats going wrong with your site and for that I will require access details and problem URL of the Layouts you are editin.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 11.57.34 AM.png

Here is the issue

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Minesh is not available today, if you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

Please provide a copy of your website using the Duplicator plugin
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please use filter to reduce the size of the copy as described in this video around 1:00 hidden link
If Duplicator fails to create a copy, we'll need a database copy/export, plugins, and theme folders, all in a zip file.
Your next reply will be private to let you share the download link safely.

If you are not sure how to build this copy, let us connect to your website and check it. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

The topic ‘[Closed] Layout not saving / can't be previewed / Not able to be saved to page’ is closed to new replies.