Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layout being removed when post is being published through Woocommerce

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daveG-7 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

In our workflow, a custom post type called Land Seeker Listing is created through a frontend Toolset Post Form. Payment is charged for the form with Toolset Forms Commerce. The post is created as Pending Review and the order is by default In Progress until an admin marks it as complete. We have the setting chosen so that when an order is complete, it is changed to Published.

When the admins go into the WordPress order and mark it as complete, the post gets published. However, the Layout assigned to it is removed. When I look at the Pending Review listings, they do have the correct layout, so it's the act of publishing them through Woocommerce and Toolset Forms Commerce that is removing the layouts. Any ideas on how to get that working?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Dave

I tested this locally and found the same, so I've reported it so that it can be debugged further and a fix found.

I'll let you know when there is some feedback.

In the meantime, I found that the same problem doesn't happen with Content Templates. You could stop using Layouts for this post type and create a Content Template instead and that should work.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dave

I have a better workaround for you.

If you update the Order from the list of orders (at WooCommerce > Orders) rather than on the individual Order edit screen then the Layout isn't lost. (You can do that via Bulk Actions.)

Thanks for looking into this. The layout for this post type is very complex, so recreating it as a content template isn't a good option. Your second option, completing the order from the Order screen instead of the individual is a bit better. However, it's a better workflow for us to go directly to the order (we get automatic emails with those links when an order comes in). So, if you could please fix this, that would be great. Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Sure, the intention is to fix it, the other options were for you in the meantime as I don't know how long a fix will take.

I'll leave this as escalated.

Has this ever been fixed?

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dave

Nope, I'm afraid not.

I checked the internal tickets and saw no progress so I mentioned it in today's developer meeting and was promised that they'd look into to see what can be done.

I'll leave this ticket in my assigned queue for now so I'll be reminded to follow up on it if I don't get some news soon.

Ok, thanks. It's a little disappointing that a confirmed bug has gone unfixed for 9 months, but I'm glad you'll take it up again now.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dave

I haven't forgotten you, but the developer who handles Layouts issues is on vacation till the end of this week and so I'll have nothing to report before next week.

Nigel
Supporter

Quick update just to say that I shared again with the developer who said he will look at it this week, so I'll share whatever feedback from him when he does.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Dave

We pushed an update to Layouts yesterday which should include the fix for this.

Could you please update and let me know if you still see the problem?

Sorry it has taken this long, thanks for your patience.

Thanks. We're actually in the process of moving the site to new hosting this week to hopefully resolve a different issue we've been having, which keeps us from testing this. When we have it moved, I'll see if this fixes the issue - likely early next week.

Nigel
Supporter

No problem. Let me mark this as awaiting your feedback, let me know when you can.

We didn't get a chance to move the site last week - hopefully we can this week and test it after. Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

No problem, I'll mark this as awaiting feedback again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.