Skip Navigation

[Resolved] latest updates are breaking important page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After updating I am seeing my post body shortcodes from Visual Composer being displayed instead of rendered content.

Solution: If your post body is inserted in a Visual Editor cell (WYSIWYG), you may be able to fix this by suppressing 3rd-party filters. Remove the post body shortcode, then replace it. In the dialog, you will find this setting by clicking "Display options" in the top left corner.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#wysiwyg

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,
I am trying to:apply your latest updates

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see: a niecly styled page

Instead, I got: a bunch of code

the link above is to a product page on my dev site, which I copied from my live site.
The page was built with visual composer and layouts.
The updates break the page, visual composer no longer renders the page.
I had to roll back to earlier version of toolset to get the page back.
Other pages I made with visual composer seem ok.
this is a very important page that took a lot of time to create. I cannot update toolset until I resolve this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tom Andreas

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Would you mind if i took a duplicator package from your website ?

This way I can try using an older version of our plugins to see what breaks the vc.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, you can take a duplicator package from my website.
do you mean the staging site, at the url I gave you earlier?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Yes that is correct.

I tried creating a duplicator package of the website but it seems to be failing.

Would I be able to perform the required testing on the staging site?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

sure, as I said in my first note, you can do anything you want on the dev site.
If you like I can roll back the install to before the toolset updates

Hi Shane,
I thought it might help if I gave you a little info on how this product is set up, it has a lot of parts.

I am using a layout template that I created just for this product called "Products - Single Page - Heater Cover" the product itself is displayed in a post body cell.

the product itself is called "Custom Baseboard Heater Covers - All Styles" and was created/styled with Visual Composer and an addon to vc called massive addons.

The product is using a form from the gravity forms plugin called "Baseboard heater cover" that is in the product itself, it is connected to the woocommerce product with yet another plugin called Gravity Forms Product Add-ons.

also, there is another gravity form in the layout template that is called
"Tell Me About Your Baseboard Cover Project"

so you can see there a number of plugins trying to work together with toolset here.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 11.13.07 AM.png

Hi, Shane is out today so I'm filling in and taking over this ticket. I hope that's okay with you. I was using your staging site and I was able to fix this issue by replacing the post body shortcode and applying the "Suppress 3rd party filters" option. Please see the attached screenshot showing the location of this option in the Views and Fields dialog.

This results in the following shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="None" suppress_filters="true"]

Can you confirm this is now working as expected?

Hi Christian,
I just updated my live site and applied the new shortcode. The page is working fine now, thanks for the fix I would never have known how to do it.
Please tell me what exactly is happening when I suppress filters with the shortcode,
what filters?
Where?
tom a

Hi, this means that all third party (non WordPress) filters hooked into the_content filter will be removed for the post body in this WYSIWYG. More information about that here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#wysiwyg

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.