Skip Navigation

[Closed] Latest update assigned all WP pages to "Template for Pages" content is blank

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jakub Bis 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jakub Bis.

Author

Just got notified that a live site is blank in the main content area on all pages. All pages are assigned to the Toolset "Template for Pages" and WP Default Template.

As soon as I change in the Content Template selector in the page the template to "None" the content appears. I checked in the Toolset Content Templates list and apparently 2 pages were assigned to "Template for Pages". I unchecked that selection in the hope that all pages in the site would revert to normal. Is there a way to assign all pages to toolset page template "None" in one swoop?

For now it seems that I'll have to manually reassign all pages from "Template for Pages" to "None". THERE ARE 39 PAGES.

This happened in the last 24 hours. Am using X-Theme and have upgraded to WP 4.5.1. I have noticed that there have been some serious reactions and incompatibilities after the latest WP upgrade, but I think you should be aware of this problem.
hidden link

I wanted to clarify that the toolset update seemed to have assigned to all pages "Template for Pages", as a default. Prior to that update I had not assigned any type of toolset template to any page.

Jakub Bis
Supporter

Hi,

I am very sorry about your problem. Fortunately, there is a possibility to unassign all pages at once.

Please go to Toolset > Content Template and there click "Usage for single page" tab. For "Pages" click "Change the Content Template" action link, a new popup should appear after that. Select "Don’t use any Content Template" and submit the form. This is a bulk action which affects all your pages.

I would like to reproduce your issue, in this case, I need to some additional information:

1. Can you tell me which version of WP you had before 4.5.1
2. What kind of pages make trouble, is it a native page or some custom ?
3. Are you able to provide me X-theme as well ? I want to have environment as much similar to yours as possible.

Please let me know if you need further info about this and don’t hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists.

The topic ‘[Closed] Latest update assigned all WP pages to "Template for Pages" content is blank’ is closed to new replies.