Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Last update broke a lot of things

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Valeriia 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

I have just updated to the last versions of Types, Views and Forms and it broke a few things.

In backend: impossible to see the related posts due to the error in console (screenshots attached).

In frond-end: added via php view:

echo do_shortcode('[wpv-view name="examples"]');

is diplayed as string [wpv-view name="examples"]

I haven't checked what else is wrong as I immediately rolled back to the previous version.

Please check.

Thanks.

PS. It's impossible to attach the screenshots to the first ticket in a thread and it's the third time I'm reporting on that and nothing changes.

s2018-09-20.png
s2018-09-20 (2).png
s2018-09-20 (1).png

Here are the screenshots.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Valeria

I'm not sure why you are unable to add screenshots to your first post, I have other clients who do. Perhaps the next time you start a thread you could take a screenshot to show how the page looks and we can pass that on to the systems team to see if they can identify what's missing.

Regarding the issues, we immediately had reports of a JS error when trying to edit posts with related posts, which was caused by a browser caching issue. You can fix it by clearing the browser cache with a hard page reload. We already published a Types update (3.1.1) with a fix for the problem, if you want to try again.

I'll need more details about your issue with the Views shortcode being printed, not parsed.

On a local test site I edited the page.php template and inserted a View in the same way, and visiting a page on the front-end I saw the results of the View, as expected.

We have had some issues with the shortcodes being printed when using page builders, which you don't appear to be. Can you reproduce this problem if you disable non-Toolset plugins and switch theme to twentyseventeen?

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for the reply. I will try to update the plugins again later and see what's wrong. No time for now so closing the ticket.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.