Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to conditionally show or hide other fields in Forms

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can we conditionally show or hide other fields in Forms, depending on values set for other inputs on the Form?

Solution:
You can apply Forms Conditions, both in Drag and Drop or Expert edit mode.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/conditional-display-for-form-inputs/

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
ISSUE_CRED.jpg
ISSUE_CRED_0.jpg

Hi there.

There is an issue in cred form.

I have a confitional field. If I check a radio button that says Yes... it apears another field. If is checked NO... the field must be hidden. The field is hidden but not the label.

I attach 2 screenshots.

In expert mode i can fix it, but in normal mode it fails.

This is not happening on my local test.

Can you please explain step by step how I can reach this issue on a WordPress install that uses only Toolset?
I tried with a Form Conditional, that is hidden and shown based on another field

It shows a field if shown or not, and that Label is properly hidden (or not) depending on my condition set.

I probably miss some crucial step to it, can you help me with the steps you take so I can then propose a solution or escalate this to the DEVs?

Beda.. i didn't see conditional group in Not expert mode.

Sorry for wasting your time.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Great.
No issue not seeing something, Toolset is full of easter eggs, even for me after years of using it every single day.

That's what we are here for 😉

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.