Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Kreative Pro mobile menu delay

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The mobile menu button is slow to appear when using the Kreative Pro theme. On their demo site it is very fast.

Solution: Check the Cookie Consent settings. Manual seems to work better than automatic.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lindsayH 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

In mobile view, the genesis-mobile-nav-primary loads later... there is quite a delay. I've tried disabling the plugins... but still a bit of a delay.

On the kreative pro demo, its there instantly. hidden link

I think it might be a layouts issue/conflict, but any help/direction would be gratefully received.

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 12.03.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 12.03.18 PM.png

It seems to have something to do with the Cookie Consent plugin. Check the screenshots here, I added a breakpoint to illustrate the issue. The Cookie Consent plugin pauses jQuery execution while it's doing some internal stuff, so the mobile nav button isn't inserted right away. If I disable the plugin it's faster, but still not instantaneous because of how the menu seems to require a JavaScript DOM manipulation to insert the button - not ideal when other scripts are in play.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Just in case somebody else trips over same issue. Seems to be to do with Cookiebot and its cookie blocking mode. If I set at Automatic I have the problem, Manual I do not. Automatic enables full compliance with the ‘prior consent’ requirement of the GDPR - so I will be looking for a new GDPR cookie plugin.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.