Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Json data not able be import as options to cred_generic_field (cont')

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 9.11.12 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

Refer to ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/json-data-not-able-be-import-as-options-to-cred_generic_field/#post-1817713

I tried but not successful.

<div class="form-group">
        <label>[cred_i18n name='gf-competition-id-label']參賽活動名稱[/cred_i18n]</label>
      [cred_generic_field type='select' field='gf-competition-id']
{
"required":1,
"default":[],
"options":[[wpv-view name="json-output-competition" cached="off"]]
}
      [/cred_generic_field]
      [wpv-view name="json-output-competition" cached="off"]
    </div>

In order to ensure the json data is queried, I added

[wpv-view name="json-output-competition" cached="off"]

before end of </div>

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

We released updates to Views/Blocks and Forms today, can you check with those updated versions if you still have the problem?

If so, we'd need access to your site to see the problem for ourselves.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Which form can we see this used on?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thank you for sharing access details but using the access details you shared I could not able to access the admin.

Can you please share admin access details or grant the user admin capabilities so that I should be able to access the admin.

Dear Minesh,

Please login again, please access the wp-admin after login manually.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you and sorry for being little late here as was too much occupied.

I checked and I can see there is issue with Generic select field added to user forms where the select field option should be coming from the view.

I'll escalate this issue to our next level support and get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

This is strange.

Its not working with your site but I 've checked with my test site and I can see it working:
=> hidden link

Please check the Dynamic Select field on the form.

Hello,

I can login your website, checking it, will update here if find anything.

I can see the problem in your website, and I am exporting your website database dump file into my localhost, trying to debug it in my localhost.

I have done below modifications in your website, edit the post form:
hidden link
line 144, change it from:
"options":[[wpv-view name='json-output-competition']]
To:
"options":[[wpv-view name='json-output-competition'] ]

Just add a blank space between the last two "]]", it should be able to reset form's cache, please test again, check if it is fixed, thanks

Desr Luo Yang,

Thanks for your finding, may I know how I can disable the cache or I can disable individual cache ?

Best regards,

Kelvin

You can reset the cache by place a blank space in the code I mentioned above, for example
"options":[ [wpv-view name='json-output-competition'] ]

Dear Luo Yang,

How can I clear the cache? I don't think I have to clear the browser cache as it is backend generated. I tried to place a blank space in the code, it works, but I remove the space, it doesn't work again, I think is it not only the cache issue.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is anything news.

Here is the feedback from our 2nd tier supporters, since you are expert mode to setup the post form, it is required to add the blank spaces manually.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.