Skip Navigation

[Resolved] JS error on all the Toolset Maps after updating plugin

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by hendrikH 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
JS errors.jpg

Hello,
So i got this problem: I THINK after a Toolset Maps update this JS error occured, preventing all the Toolset Maps across the site from displaying.

ERROR: wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.4.2:7 Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined

I attach a image with the errors i'm getting. Also when i'm trying to interact with the map results through filters, i get numerous errors like: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'reload_map' of undefined".

Acess to this site, as well as site duplicate and db is provided from past tickets (only minor changes were done on the mean time, not related to JS or Toolset).

Thank you for the support!

Did you try with just Toolset and a native WordPress theme?

Please then re-activate Plugins and theme one by one, and let us know which plugin, or theme, causes this issue.

Then we can try to replicate this and fix it.

warning.jpg

Hello Beda,
So I've found what plugin is causing this conflict.
I am using WP Google Maps plugin to highlight some areas on this page: hidden link
This is the official page of the plugin (i am using the pro version of this plugin): hidden link
After i've updated WP Google Maps plugin from version: 7.0.04 -> 7.10.08 i get JS errors on all Toolset Maps (the map of WP Google Maps plugin still works ).
If i deactivate WP Google Maps plugin, the Toolset Maps work just fine.
Now the problem is that i still need that plugin to create a result that Toolset Maps can't achieve (highlight areas).

How should i approach this? Will WP Google Maps or Toolset support look into this?

PS: I attached a image of a warning that i'm still getting atm.

Thanks for the support.

Hello,

For the JS error:

ERROR: wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.4.2:7 Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined

I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, and have escalated this thread, our developers will take care of it.
Does this issue prevent google map in your website from working?

Hello,
So i've recieved an update on WP Google Maps plugin from version: 7.10.08 -> 7.10.10
I only and to create a new folder in uploads dir, in order to store the XML files, but everything seems to work fine now.

Thank you for the support!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.