Skip Navigation

[Resolved] JS error in admin page

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Access Betheme options

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Betheme options

Instead, I got: JS error

Uncaught ReferenceError: Toolset is not defined
    at ToolsetCommon.UserEditor.VisualComposerEditor.self.init (backend_editor.js?ver=2.5.2:62)
    at new ToolsetCommon.UserEditor.VisualComposerEditor (backend_editor.js?ver=2.5.2:67)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (backend_editor.js?ver=2.5.2:72)
    at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,thickbox,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jque&load[]=ry-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,underscore,jquery-ui-sortable,shortcode,media-upload,wp-util,jquery-ui-pr&load[]=ogressbar,backbone,plupload&ver=4.8.2:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,thickbox,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jque&load[]=ry-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,underscore,jquery-ui-sortable,shortcode,media-upload,wp-util,jquery-ui-pr&load[]=ogressbar,backbone,plupload&ver=4.8.2:2)
    at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,thickbox,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jque&load[]=ry-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,underscore,jquery-ui-sortable,shortcode,media-upload,wp-util,jquery-ui-pr&load[]=ogressbar,backbone,plupload&ver=4.8.2:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,thickbox,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-draggable,jque&load[]=ry-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialog,utils,underscore,jquery-ui-sortable,shortcode,media-upload,wp-util,jquery-ui-pr&load[]=ogressbar,backbone,plupload&ver=4.8.2:2)

In this file
/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/user-editors/editor/screen/visual-composer/backend_editor.js?ver=2.5.2

And this line inside the JS is red Toolset.hooks.addFilter( 'wpv-filter-wpv-shortcodes-gui-before-do-action', self.secureShortcodeFromSanitization );

Comment out this lines

Toolset.hooks.addFilter( 'wpv-filter-wpv-shortcodes-gui-before-do-action', self.secureShortcodeFromSanitization );

Toolset.hooks.addFilter( 'wpv-filter-wpv-shortcodes-transform-format', self.secureShortcodeFromSanitization );

looks to solve the problem with admin options of betheme, i have revert it for you to check it

Hi, another client has reported the same issue today and we are actively investigating this problem. Please stand by and I will update you as soon as I have additional information.

Hi, our developers have informed me that this issue will be resolved in the next release of Views - v 2.5.1, which is planned to be happening very soon (within a few days). I will keep you updated here and let you know as soon as that's available to download. Thanks for your patience.

I'm getting a similar error in the WP admin area:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Toolset is not defined
    at ToolsetCommon.UserEditor.VisualComposerEditor.self.init (backend_editor.js:5)
    at new ToolsetCommon.UserEditor.VisualComposerEditor (backend_editor.js:5)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (backend_editor.js:5)
    at i (load-scripts.php:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php:2)
    at Function.ready (load-scripts.php:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php:2)

I'm using the Genesis theme framework. Glad you guys are working on this

@Morktron, please create a ticket for your issue so we can investigate. The issue we have investigated here was specific to the BeTheme, so an issue related to Genesis could be completely different and I would not want you to wait for the wrong fix.

Ok thanks Christian

I think you experience this error?
https://toolset.com/errata/betheme-options-page-is-not-working-when-views-2-5-0-is-activated/

It may be that this happens with other themes as well, for sure the situation requires Visual Composer.
Please can you try that patch and let me know if this solves also your issue?

Hello, a new version of Views is available to download now. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks for your patience!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.