Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Js error and impossible switching mode on wp editor

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have the following js errors in my console when activating Toolset maps:

wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:13 Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined

Solution:

It is a setting problem of Avada theme, see it here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/js-error-and-impossible-switching-mode-on-wp-editor/#post-1188003

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gian Luca 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have the following js errors in my console when activating Toolset maps:

wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:13 Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined
at new WPViews.ViewAddonMaps (wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:13)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:1494)
at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2)
at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2)
WPViews.ViewAddonMaps @ wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:13
(anonymous) @ wpv_addon_maps.js?ver=1.7.1:1494
i @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
fireWith @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
ready @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
K @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
quicktags.min.js?ver=5.0.3:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'bs_component_show_hide_button' of undefined
at QTags.i.getButton (quicktags.min.js?ver=5.0.3:1)
at ToolsetCommon.BootstrapCssComponentsQuickTags.self.add_bootstrap_components_buttons (toolset-bs-component-buttons.js?ver=5.0.3:122)
at toolset-bs-component-buttons.js?ver=5.0.3:21
at d (toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1)
at Object.j [as doAction] (toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (toolset-bs-component-events.js?ver=1:213)
at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2)
at toolset-bs-component-events.js?ver=1:209
at underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5
QTags.i.getButton @ quicktags.min.js?ver=5.0.3:1
self.add_bootstrap_components_buttons @ toolset-bs-component-buttons.js?ver=5.0.3:122
(anonymous) @ toolset-bs-component-buttons.js?ver=5.0.3:21
d @ toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1
j @ toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1
(anonymous) @ toolset-bs-component-events.js?ver=1:213
each @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
(anonymous) @ toolset-bs-component-events.js?ver=1:209
(anonymous) @ underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5
setTimeout (async)
m.delay @ underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5
E @ underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5
r @ underscore.min.js?ver=1.8.3:5
(anonymous) @ toolset-bs-component-events.js?ver=1:205
i @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
fireWith @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
ready @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2
K @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils&ver=5.0.3:2

This results in the impossibility of switching from visual to text mode in the code editor in wordpress or avada fusion builder text blocks. What's happening?

Hello,

I assume you are using Avada theme, it seems to be same problem as another user:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updated-site-and-now-get-uncaught-referenceerror-google-is-not-defined/
See screenshot in above thread:
hidden link

That client has provided the solution in the last private message:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/updated-site-and-now-get-uncaught-referenceerror-google-is-not-defined/#post-1181771

I copy it here:
My issue is resolved now. When I updated the site to WP 5.0.3 and I applied a patch to Avada it appeared to work.

I suggest you contact it with Avada supports for the patch/fix files.

Yes. But the point is that both the theme and wordpress are fully updated. I have the dev server which is running the same setup but...without the latest avada patch. and it is not throwing errors....

There still might be some other difference, for example, they are not using same domain name, according to the thread I mentioned above, it is conflict with Avada setting:
Avada > Contact form > Google Map
There might be some differences.

As I suggest above, please try to ask the patch file from Avada, does it work for you?

If the problem still persists, since it is a compatibility problem, please provide a copy of your website, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Could you please put me in contact with Eric, poster of the quoted support request? My WordPress is updated to the latest version, Toolset plugins are updated, Avada is updated and patched. I cannot understand what can I do more? Maybe Eric can point me and tell me which patch was provided to fix his conflict.

Sorry, I can not provide other client's contact information to you, but I can help you to debug the problem and locate the problem.

As I mentioned above, please provide a copy of your website, thanks
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/js-error-and-impossible-switching-mode-on-wp-editor/#post-1184004

This is the link to the duplicator Archive. I have left out the uploads folder, due to the big size.

I don't see the duplicator Archive link you mentioned above, and I have enabled the private message box again, you can put the duplicator Archive into your own google drive disk, and share the link in below private message box .

Found the issue. It was the privacy setting in Avada Theme. Damn.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.